Saturday, November 21, 2009

Community

I'm back, beautiful people! Hope y'all had a great week and that the weekend is even better! Now that I've started my own blog, I find it kinda difficult to figure out what I should write. I'm sure y'all know how it feels when you have all these thoughts in your head, yet when the time comes to commit those thoughts to a page, your mind suddenly draws a blank. So everyday, I ask the Lord to give me the strength and the courage to keep it real with y'all. With that said, I wanna dedicate this post to my church, Odenton Church of God. I thank God for placing these people in my life to minister, disciple, encourage, challenge and allow me to use my gifts to build up the Body of Christ. I joined OCG in March of this year, and immediately I was involved in ministry. As of now, I'm part of the Media Ministry, working on the soundboard and running the cameras sometimes. I'm also a part of the Drama Ministry and I teach the teen Bible Study class every 2nd (and now 5th) Wednesday. I even get to hop on stage and rap with the Worship Team every now and then. LOL! Now, don't get it twisted...I'm not just bragging about all my accomplishments here. What we as ministers have to remember is that what we do at our home churches is not just for the acknowledgement and recognition from man, but our efforts should be intended to bring glory to God and meet the needs of our fellow members. So to everybody from OCG that has a chance to read this, I just wanna say that I love and appreciate all of you for embracing me with open arms and I am absolutely humbled by the opportunity to minister and worship alongside all of you. Let us continue to share wisdom, have random moments of fellowship, train each other up and open our hearts to the community that God has chosen us to reach. I would be remiss if I failed to thank my original home church, New Bethel Church of God in Christ. I will never forget that you all were the ones that introduced me to Christ and you are my original church family. Those days of being a part of the Children's Choir, the Youth and Young Adult Choir, the Usher Board and the Sound Ministry will always hold a special place in my heart. And though we're all in different locations, let us all be unified by the fact that we worship the Lord in spirit and truth. People, don't sleep on the idea of being in a community of believers...there's so much growth and happiness that can be attained! God bless the community! Deuces, y'all!

Ephesians 4:11-13
It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment