Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Friends...how many of us have them?

(singing) Thank you for being a friend...traveled down the road and back again...your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant! LOL! I'm just playing, y'all! Glad to see you all again though. God is good, it's been a beautiful day, and you all are beautiful! Tonight, I just wanna give a special, special shout out to all of the friends that God has blessed me with over the years. That's right, I said "friends". Not associates...FRIENDS. I am absolutely thankful to the Lord above for sending people to my life that bring joy to my heart and encouragement to my soul. To all of the friends that I have accumulated over the years, whether you've known me from high school, college, church, work or wherever...I just wanna say "thank you" from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for laughing with me, sharing great memories with me, crying with me, keeping it real with me, and most importantly, encouraging me with your presence on a regular basis. I've learned so much from each and every one of you, and I sincerely believe that God has allowed us to cross paths for the benefit of all of us as well as everyone that is influenced by us. Each of you has been an inspiration for me as I watch you share your gifts and your hearts with the world. As we live our individual lives, let us not forget to stay connected when we can and keep each other lifted up in prayer. People, never take your friends for granted. Always show them love and tell them the truth. To my friends, I love you all so very much...real talk. Let us show the world how God intended us to live together. Deuces, my FRIENDS!

Proverbs 18:24 (New Living Translation) There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

2 comments:

  1. Man, ain't that the truth. You can't call everybody you come across a friend. They are a dime a dozen. You are a friend Kenny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maria! I truly appreciate you and I'm so thankful that God allowed us to reconnect. :-)

    ReplyDelete